- Ph. D., Mathematics, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1997.
- B. S., Applied Mathematics, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, 1992.
- Associate Professor of Mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, UT Permian Basin, 2007-present.
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Department of Science and Mathematics, UT Permian Basin, 2000-2007.
- Instructor of Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1997-2000.
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Mathematics, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1992-1997.
- Recent Journal Articles
- "Moments Via Transformations", Communications in the Analytic Theory of Continued Fractions, Volume XXIV, 2018.
- "Computational Studies in Anchorless Universal Steering of Strong Gaussian Quadrature",
Communications in the Analytic Theory of Continued Fractions, Volume XXII, 2016.
- "Anchoring and Steering Gaussian Quadrature for Positive Definite Strong Moment Functionals”,
Numer. Algorithms 62 (2013), no.1, 45-58.
- "Optimizing Gaussian Quadrature for Positive Definite Strong Moment Functionals”,
SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 49 (2011) 1111-1126.
- "Ordered OLPS and CF Nth Numerators", Linear Algebra and its Applications 422 (2007) 100–118.
- Representative Research Conference Contributions
- Loen, Norway, 2006, "The Theory of Ordered Orthogonal Laurent Polynomial Sequences".
- Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 2004, "Continued Fractions Associated with Solution of a Wave Equation".
- Monographs, Course Materials
- Individualized Exams for
courses MATH1325, MATH 2412, MATH2414, MATH3305, MATH3310, MATH3315, MATH3320, MATH3360, MATH/MENG 4360.
- Randomly Generated Exercises for MATH 1325, MATH 2412-2414, MATH 3301, MATH3305, MATH3310, MATH3315, MATH/MENG 4360
- Preparatory Reading Quizzes for MATH 3305, MATH 3315, MATH 3360, MATH 4370
- Qualifying Exams/Value-Added Tests for MATH 1324-1325, MATH 2412-2413, MATH 2413-2414
- Happy Land (A graphical representation of the undergraduate Mathematics curriculum)
- Complete Course Text in Worksheet Form for MATH 2412, MATH 2413, MATH 2414
- COURSES TAUGHT
- UTPB, 2000-present
Courses marked with a * have been taught at least once in the last 6 years.
|Freshman Seminar||UNIV 1001 (inaugural semester)|
|Contemporary Mathematics 1||MATH 1332 (old-style online)|
|College Algebra||MATH 1314|
|Precalculus for Business||MATH 1324|
|Calculus for Business*||MATH 1325 ("Hyflex" in 2012)|
|Calculus 1*||MATH 2413|
|Calculus 2*||MATH 2414|
|Calculus 3*||MATH 2415|
|Introductory Statistics||MATH 3301|
|Mathematical Reasoning I*||MATH 3305|
|Linear Algebra*||MATH 3310|
|Differential Equations*||MATH 3320|
|Algebraic Structures*||MATH 4315 (was 3315, "Hyflex" in 2012)|
|Intermediate Analysis*||MATH 4360 (was 3360, "Hyflex" in 2012)|
|Numerical Analysis*||MATH/MENG 4360 (1st "hyflex" course ever offered at UTPB, 2011)|
|Complex Variables*||MATH 4370|
|Happy Lands (Capstone)||MATH 4389|
|Mathematical Reasoning II||MATH 4389|
|Complex Analysis||MATH 6361|
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Regular Member of the American Mathematical Society 1992-1997, 2017-present
- Regular Member of the Mathematical Association of America since 1992
- Trailblazed the use of "Hyflex" web-conferencing courses at UTPB.
- Maintains web site for professional activities,
continuously operated since 1995.
- Relaxes by playing guitar music for himself.